Learning how to make a ketogenic diet a long-term lifestyle is a little like learning a new language. It’s often easier to jump in and with a ‘cultural immersion’ experience, ignoring those around you who continue to speak the native tongue, which is predominantly carbivore.
My latest book, Keto Living Day by Day, includes a complete 4-week guide to following a ketogenic diet. We will use the book like a textbook and the guide I’m providing here like an active “class”, so that you have support every single day of the 28.
Here’s how to follow the 28 day guide and what you need to do NOW to prepare for September 10th:
- For each of the four weeks, I’ll provide a list of assignments–things you need to do in order to increase your success. Those assignments may come with downloadable pdf forms (free here on my website) or may include readings in the book, Keto Living Day by Day.
- Every day, I’ll do a Facebook Live in my closed Facebook Group, Low Carb Journey to Health (Cooking Keto with Kristie). If you aren’t on Facebook or aren’t in my group, no worries. I will also post the FB Live videos to my YouTube channel, Cooking Keto with Kristie. These daily videos will provide additional information, inspiration, guides and go along with the daily devotionals already printed in Keto Living Day by Day. We will discuss topics such as hunger, creating balanced keto meals, living with carbivores, fighting cravings, ordering in restaurants and so much more! I’ll ask you to share your successes, fears, and best tips!
- We will use the book to learn how to make keto an automatic and easy part of your life. If you commit, you can find better health by eating better foods.
- On the weekends, we cook and prepare! Being prepared is a cornerstone of success, especially when you’re new to a ketogenic diet. Just an hour or so of prepping on the weekend will help you to be successful each week. Yes, you do have the time because you will make the time! If you look at the meal plan (pages 60-61 of Keto Living Day by Day), you’ll see the recipes and menu for the week. There is a full shopping list and more details of the 28-day guide from an earlier 4-week guide I led in the summer.
But WAIT! What if I’m traveling? What if I HATE broccoli? What if I’m only cooking for 1 or 2, instead of a big family? What if…… we will talk about how to adapt to each of those situations as we work through the 4 weeks. Real life learning as we go offers the best lessons!
Here’s what you need to do BEFORE Sept. 10th!
- Buy the book if you want to use it as a guide. It’s like taking a course, the book isn’t required, but having it as a resource and having the recipes will be helpful. I’ll be posting a ton of resources here, so if you don’t have the book, please still join us!
- Subscribe to my YouTube page, Cooking Keto with Kristie, and to this website so that you receive email notifications so that you don’t miss any information. Subscribing is FREE and the best way to keep up to date during the 28 days.
- Take the time to read pages 20-23 in Keto Living Day by Day so that you can understand what a ketogenic diet is and why it works to help your body to be healthier.
- Read the Basic food lists on pages 42-50 and pick out your favorites from those lists. Which of those foods do you enjoy eating, what do you already have on hand, what might you want to buy in order to be successful in these 28 days?
- Read “What’s on Your Plate?” pages 51-54. Fill out the form on page 54 that is also available here on my website. Look for my YouTube video showing you how to use this form. (I’ll link the video here when it’s posted.)
- Read pages 94-95 so that you can “Know Your Why!”. Please don’t skip this step. It’s imperative that you do a little soul searching. For many of us, cutting out carbs and sugar isn’t about 10 to 20 pounds of vanity weight. Instead, it’s about our health, high blood glucose, being active, doing more with and for those we love, and feeling healthy. When you take the time to Know Your Why, then you’re building a base for commitment that will sustain you when your former favorite high carb snack starts making eyes at you (and you know that moment of weakness will come!). Do this before Sept. 10th.
- Finally, get ready for the good stuff! Read pages 98-99 and take your body measurements. There’s a guide and another form (I have a teacher’s soul), so that you can accurately record your starting place. Trust me. While it may be difficult to do now, in four weeks, you’re going to be very glad you did this! Learn how and record your measurements with this form BODY MEASUREMENTS – KETO LIVING.
There’s your homework! You get started, and I’ll be back to check on you.
If I can do this, YOU can do this, and I’m here to help by providing resources!
(Unfortunately, I cannot respond to individual questions here on my website or on my YouTube Channel, but you can post questions in the Facebook group where one of the moderators or I will do our best to help you.)