Traditional tabbouleh is made with bulgur, which is cracked whole wheat. I have taken the traditional flavors of mint and parsley and used hemp seed hearts to make this a delicious, grain free dish perfect for a low carb side dish.
Grain Free Tabbouleh
- 1/3 cup Hemp hearts
- 1 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- 3.5 ounces Tomato, chopped and seeded Approximately 1/2 a small tomato
- 1.5 ounces Cucumber 1/3 cup
- 1 Tbsp Mint Finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon, juiced 2-3 Tablespoons
- Sprinkle Garlic Salt
- Toss all in a bowl and stir to combine.**Tips** I did take a wet paper towel and squeeze the cucumber slices before chopping it.