My goal in creating this recipe was to keep carbs as low as possible by minimizing the amount of almond flour used while also creating a texture that wasn’t eggy, but was soft and tender on the inside and a bit crusty on the outside.
Mini Wheat-like Rolls
- 1/3 cup oat fiber or 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium fiber powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup water very hot but not boiling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oat fiber, almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, using a spatula to combine.
- Add the butter and egg to the dry ingredients and stir into a thick batter. Slowly pour the water into the mixture, stirring as you add it.
- Shape the dough into 8 rolls and place 2″ apart on the baking sheet. Bake 30-35 minutes. To test for doneness, tap the roll with your finger. It should be firm and make a hollow sound. There’s a higher risk of under baking than over baking this bread.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.