I have taken my regular Dutch Baby recipe and given it a spin for Fall by adding some (very few!) browned butter apples.
Apple Dutch Baby
- 4 ounces chopped apple
- 1.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream room temperature
- 3/4 cup Fairlife 2% milk
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops liquid sweetener optional
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener
- 1.5 ounces unflavored whey protein isolate
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the pieces of butter in a 9-inch oven-safe skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle the chopped apples over the bottom of the pan on top of the butter and place the pan in the oven.
- When the butter begins to sizzle and brown, remove the pan from the oven. Make sure that the butter and apples are evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Place the ingredients for the batter in a blender and blend until creamy and foamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the center of the hot skillet so that the batter runs to the edges and some of the butter is pushed onto the top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the Dutch baby is puffy and dark brown. The center should be barely set and may be slightly jiggly. The Dutch baby is likely to rise in a lopsided fashion and will deflate somewhat as it cools.
- Serve hot from the oven. Leftovers can be eaten cold.
The nutrition information is based on getting 4 servings per batch. If you prefer to use this as a dessert, you can get 6 servings instead. Here are the macros for 6 servings. Carbs – 4.1 Protein – 15.3 Fat – 15.6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!