Many of you enjoyed using the Paleo Pro Ancient Cocoa beef protein isolate to make my Higher Protein Brownies, but several folks felt like 9 servings was a lot and asked for a quick recipe that makes fewer servings.
Ta-da! I used the same Paleo Pro Ancient Cocoa beef protein isolate to make a 2-serving higher protein option. These are seriously a new favorite for me. They’re perfect for adding a bit of protein to breakfast or any meal, really.
While each muffin packs a punch of 16.5 grams of protein, there’s also 14.9 grams of fat and 2.3 grams of total carbs, which makes these yummy muffins perfectly keto, but not necessarily lower fat. For a lower fat brownie, make my Higher Protein Brownies. Freeze the individual brownies for portion control.
These quick, high-protein muffins are high enough in protein and low enough in carbs that you could easily enjoy two of them for breakfast and get a decent amount of protein. The texture in them does change over time and becomes a bit more moist and brownie-like.
Protein Packed Minute Muffins
- Lightly grease two 6 ounce ramekins with butter or coconut oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients a small bowl until a batter forms.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared ramekins.
- Microwave both filled ramekins for 1 minute. Let cool before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week or freeze prepared muffins for up to three months.