This super easy, but elegant dish would make a perfect option for Christmas morning. It’s easy to adjust the servings and to customize with your favorites. Plus, it can easily be made in less than 12 minutes start to finish!
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe. It tastes like a dish from a fancy breakfast place, but you can easily make it at home in less than 12 minutes start to finish! I call this the Barnyard edition because it invites chicken, cows, and pigs to your breakfast table!
The recipe I’ve shared here makes 1 serving when you use a 7” skillet. You can use a larger skillet and create as many servings as you need. The key to to add enough cream to cover the bottom of the skillet and then add as many eggs as you want.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with the ingredients. I’ve added country ham instead of bacon and it made a wonderful salty sauce. I also used smoked cheddar cheese, which was perfect with the ham. You can use sausage as well. Simply changing the cheeses can vary the flavor a lot. Among my favorites are a cheddar and Parmesan blend, smoked Gouda, Gruyere, and even havarti.
Keto Creamy Skillet Eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 pieces cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, or cilantro (optional)
- Pour the cream into a 7-inch skillet on low heat. When the cream begins to simmer, add the cooked bacon, distributing it evenly across the pan.
- When the cream begins to simmer again, crack the eggs on top of the cream and bacon mixture, sunny side up.
- Grate the cheese over the skillet, spreading evenly over the eggs and cream sauce.
- Let the eggs simmer for 3-4 minutes until the whites are cooked and the eggs are done to your liking.
- Top with fresh herbs (thyme is my favorite!). When the eggs are done, turn off the heat and let sit for a minute before plating. Or, you can grab a spoon and eat directly from the pan. I won’t tell!
*****Get the Cheese Grater mentioned in the video
Visit to our Amazon page for our favorite ingredients and cooking tools: www.amazon.com/shop/simply-keto
CookingKetowithKristie.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com, myhabit.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program
That sounds wonderful! Thank you.
I just made this and it was delish. I put the lid on to help cook the egg whites Never thought thyme would go good with eggs but boy was I wrong.
Sounds simply delicious and I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you Kristie.
I tried these today and I think I have a new Christmas Breakfast dish. They were so good! Thanks Kristie.
I’m going to try this but I’m going to put a lid on it – hopefully that will cook the egg and little more
It will cook the egg more but if you want runny yolks, it might cook those too! Try separating the yolks and whites and add the whites first to give them a head start if you prefer the yolks runny.
This was amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!
This is my new favorite comfort food! It’s so easy to make but feels so fancy! It’s also more satisfying than just having a couple of eggs and bacon! I’ve been throwing in a few fresh spinach leaves in my last batches since I had some on hand! Thank you for all your wonderful recipes!