My frittata helped David survive Keto—yes the man doesn’t eat eggs but he eats frittatas because I hide the eggs in stuff he does like.
Baked in a large casserole, it’s easy to slice into different portions. He grabs out a portion and often eats it on the way to work. I used to make these each Sunday night and bake them while we ate dinner. By the time dinner was done the kitchen was nearly clean, the frittata was cooked enough to pack and refrigerate.
Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Frittata
- 8-10 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash mustard powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ⅓ cup broccoli chopped
- 4 ounces Country ham chopped (that's the salt cured ham that isn't refrigerated)
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs, cream, and seasonings.
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish with butter. Pour in 1/3 to 1/2 of the egg mix. Sprinkle in the onion, broccoli, ham, and cheese.
- Pour over the rest of the egg mix. Mix lightly with the whisk (I just tap it around to get it smooth and covered).
- Bake until it's just set about 40-50 minutes.