Warning: These are addictive. Not only have I eaten a 1.5 ounce of pork rind KeDoritos as a meal, I’ve used this Low Carb Copycat Dorito Seasoning on cheese chips, pepperoni chips, AND as a seasoning on Buffalo Wild Wings to avoid the maltodextrin and bad oils in their rubs and wet sauces. It was delicious!!
A word of caution about the Cheddar Cheese powder. Please use a brand that doesn’t add starches or sugars. I looked at a LOT of brands before deciding to use Anthony’s. It was the only one that seemed “clean” enough for my comfort level. Oh, and if you only use the cheese powder, you’ve got something super close to low carb Cheetos!! Trust me on this. It’s delicious!!
If you don’t want to use the cheddar cheese powder, you can use nutritional yeast which is often available at Wal-Mart or other grocers.
– 2 tablespoons Anthony’s cheddar cheese powder, 5.2 total carbs (or ¼ cup nutritional yeast)
– 1 ¼ teaspoons Tomato powder, Affiliate link to purchase tomato powder
– ¼ teaspoon Dehydrated bell pepper (pulverized into a powder. You could also use an additional ½ tsp paprika instead)
– ¾ teaspoon Paprika (may use some smoked Paprika)
– ½ teaspoon Onion powder
– ¼ to ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
– ½ teaspoon unflavored whey protein isolate (optional)
– ¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
– 1/8 teaspoon citric acid (optional)
1/8 teaspoon powdered sweetener Sukrin melis (optional)
Pork rinds, cheese chips, or pepperoni chips
Mix all ingredients well or pulse in a Ninja or blender. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons on a 1.5 ounce bag of Pork rinds or cheese chips or pepperoni chips. Enjoy!