Crack slaw is basically ground beef, cabbage, and a few seasonings. It’s easy, fast, and satisfying. My family asks for it about every other week.
Kristie’s Crack Slaw
- 2 pounds ground beef 80% lean
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 3 drops liquid sweetener optional
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often to crumble the meat as it cooks. Add the ginger, dried onions, garlic powder, and salt and mix thoroughly. Pour in the coconut aminos.
- Add the cabbage and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and sweetener, if using. Just before serving, drizzle the toasted sesame oil over the dish and toss to coat the beef and cabbage.
Time-Saver Tip: Use preshredded cabbage to save time and reduce cleanup. Substitution Suggestion: While coconut aminos is the better option, you can use tamari instead. Tamari is much saltier than coconut aminos, so if you make this substitution, omit the 1/2 teaspoon of salt from the recipe.
Kristie's Crack Slaw
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Categories: Cooking Keto with Kristie, Recipes
How many servings does this recipe provide?