Makes 4 servings
My husband appreciates the spicy chipotle flavor of this hearty chipotle chicken salad. He also likes to add an extra chipotle to turn up the heat. To make it even quicker, grab the celery used in this recipe from the grocery store salad bar. You’ll have no food waste, plus it’s already cleaned and chopped for you!
If you adore spice, two chipotles in this chipotle chicken salad will not be enough for you. If you’re a bit of a lightweight when it comes to spicy food, then one chipotle may be plenty. I compromise and use two and then serve an extra bit of chopped chipotle on the side. If I have it on hand, I love to add fresh cilantro to this easy chicken salad. This is another dish that seems to taste best the day after it’s made, which makes it perfect to prep ahead of time.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 large stalk celery chopped (¼ to 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red onions finely chopped or
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onions
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika optional
- Place all the ingredients except the paprika in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the paprika before serving, if desired. This salad is best if refrigerated for at least 30 minutes before eating but can be served immediately.
2 replies »