FB won’t like this, but let’s be honest. I don’t love their platform. I haven’t loved it for some time, and I can understand why some people are limiting, or leaving, social media.
One of the biggest frustrations for me is that y’all don’t see everything I post. Not that everything is that important, but…
I’ll share a recipe and two months later someone posts about it and others are like, “Where did that come from?” Chibo classes are the same. I post multiple times here; multiple times on my page Simply Keto with Kristie Sullivan, and on my website. Inevitably, someone says, “I had no idea about this class! How do I learn more?”
I’m over here asking the same thing! When I feel as if I’ve “spammed” y’all to death with posts about a recipe or an event, and then there’s “who, what, where, when, how?” I feel defeated. And totally AGGRAVATED with dang FB.
What happens is that posts get buried in feeds, so you may not see them. If you don’t like or comment on my posts, you’re less likely to see them. And heaven forbid if I link to an outside source like my YouTube or my website or even a DD website, then FB suppresses it because they don’t want y’all clicking out of FB. It’s true.
So…if you’re at all interested in keeping up with Kristie (hahaha), I suggest doing the following FREE things.
- Join my FB group Low Carb Journey (Cooking Keto with Kristie) shares a journey of physical and emotional health and wellness with other members and offers support along the way. Admins or more veteran members are available for support; however, none are offering medical or nutritional advice.
- Subscribe to my website. There’s a little place on the right side of the screen where you enter your email address. It’s free, and I won’t spam you. You will only get an email when I post something new. https://cookingketowithkristie.com/getting-started-2/
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel. Admittedly, I haven’t been as active there in the past two years, but there’s a ton of recipes. Like my website, you will only get an email when I post a new video. No spam. I promise. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFGt_87bzlJXHxzvsU8leOQ
- Follow me on Instagram. I know not everyone is an Instagram user. That’s fine, but IF you are, I post different content there and I post the more “important” announcement info there as well. Plus it’s fun to be tagged when YOU post. https://www.instagram.com/cookingketowithkristie/
- When you do see one of my posts here in the group or on Simply Keto or on Instagram or Youtube, please like, comment, or share. The more interaction a post gets, the more people are likely to see it. In other words, interact with me and Facebook says, “Oh, this person like her!” And FB will show you more of me so that FB can see more of you. Same is true on other platforms.
It’s not helpful to send me a friend request as that’s my personal page. In fact, I’m currently declining ALL friend requests unless it’s someone I know (and like) in real life. Nothing personal, but I’d like to be able to make my personal page, personal. 😊
I hate feeling like I have to post in umpteen places, but I’ll also tell you it’s like a bit of an insurance policy. If FB closes down or closes me down, you’ll know where to find me.
Ideally, we would have a different platform, where I’d have some confidence that you could “hear” my voice without the noise of other comments, especially folks new to keto who really need clarity in the beginning. Beyond that, I believe everyone benefits from the great support here and the great tips and tricks. It’s just the conflicting advice I wish I could somehow mute for beginners.
Now, like, give me an emoji or bitmoji comment, share, set off fireworks, or all of the above, but please help me get the message out. Thanks!
Categories: Cooking Keto with Kristie