This Egg Drop Soup is another quick, easy, and inexpensive meal from my book, Crazy Busy Keto!
Sharing this because it’s perfect for cold winter months or when you’re fighting a cold or flu bug. You can easily use just four basic ingredients: broth, egg, sesame oil, and salt.
It’s soothing, satisfying, and completely healthy!
We call this comfort food at my house because it’s perfect for those times when your tummy feels a little off. It’s also perfect when you need some great protein that’s fast, inexpensive, and comes with minimal clean-up. While I’ve provided directions for a stovetop, you can make this recipe using a microwave at full power, which makes it an option for those times when you don’t have a full kitchen, but you do have a microwave. Just be sure to add the egg a little at a time and microwave in short bursts to keep the broth hot in between adding the egg.
Egg Drop Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion or 1/4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut aminos optional
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Bring the broth to a boil on medium high heat in a 1 ½ quart saucepan. Add the onion and garlic powder.
- As the broth boils, slowly pour in the beaten eggs, adding just a bit at a time and stirring as the eggs are added. When all of the egg has been added and is cooked, remove from heat. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Top with the sesame oil, coconut aminos, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
You can also order “Crazy Busy Keto” online.
Categories: Cooking Keto with Kristie, Recipes
Leave a Reply