Do you love chicken salad as much as I do? It’s incredibly versatile and often tastes better the day after it’s made. I call that food that waits for me! And food that waits is the very best kind.
Whether you enjoy it as a wrap or on a bed of fresh greens with some avocado or tomato, I think you’ll find that this “loaded” version of chicken salad hits the spot for a cold plate of warm flavors.
You can also use my new egg white wrap recipe to make an on-the-go lunch!
Last, while this recipe calls for canned chicken, you can use any cooked chicken in the same amounts.
Higher protein or higher fat? The version as written is made with Greek yogurt and only 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise for those of you who are focusing on higher protein meals. Use a Greek yogurt with minimal ingredients. I like to use 5% milkfat Fage.
To make this Keto Loaded Chicken Salad recipe higher fat, you can use 8 ounces of mayonnaise (total) and omit the Greek yogurt.
Loaded Chicken Salad
- 12.5 ounces canned chicken drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3.5 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 7 ounces Fage 5% Greek yogurt
- 2 medium green onions chopped*
- 3 ounces cooked bacon chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flake the drained chicken and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cheese, yogurt, onions, bacon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for up to four days in an airtight container.