Welcome to day 1 of Keto Together
Sheet Pan Meal
Dinner can’t be much more simple than this. Toss it together and let the oven do the work while you attend to other things. In this example, we’re using chicken legs or thighs, but sausage links, bratwurst, or hot dogs work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a rimmed sheet pan and line it with parchment paper (or not). Grease generously with a schmear of bacon fat, olive oil, ghee, or whatever fat you prefer.
- Use one lb of chicken legs or thighs with skin on. Lay the chicken across the sheet pan, leaving at least 1-2 inches between each piece. Chicken tenders work well, but need to be drizzled in fat before baking.
You can also swap out sausages, bratwurst, or hot dogs for the chicken if that’s what you have or what you prefer.
- Choose one or two, no more than three, of the following:
Radish, trimmed and sliced for faster cooking
Cauliflower, chopped into small florets
Broccoli, chopped into small florets
Zucchini, sliced or chopped
Bell pepper, any color, chopped
Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
Cabbage, cut into thick ribbons or thin steaks
Green beans, trimmed
Veggies should be slightly bigger than bite-sized but small enough to cook through in 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper or your preferred seasonings over the meat and veggies. Drizzle chicken with oil or butter if there’s no skin on it.
You can also be creative with the seasoning, using a Cajun spice, southwestern flavors, Ranch, or even Italian if you prefer. If you have my book, Keto Living Day by Day there are spice mixes for Ranch and taco seasonings. Keto Gatherings has a recipe for jerk chicken that’s great for sheet pan meals.
You be sure to share your sheet pans meals today as we #ketotogether for 10 days. Just post a picture on any of my social media channels.