This recipe for Sheet Pan Fajitas was first published in my book, Growing Up Keto, because it’s perfect for busy families. Not only do you simply toss all of the ingredients in a mild fajita seasoning, but you spread it in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and less than a half hour later, it’s done.
This recipe is easy to customize with different proteins, simple to scale up to feed a crowd, and ideal for accommodating different eaters. Serve the carbivores their rice, beans, and tortillas, and let the low-carb crowd enjoy adding avocado, sour cream, and cheese to their plates. I’ve served this to crowds of teens and adults, and have yet to have a single complaint.
Don’t forget to grab some fresh cilantro or jalapeno for flavorful garnishes that will make you feel just a bit gourmet!
We hope that your family enjoys it as much as our family and friends have. If you make these Sheet Pan Fajitas, please tag me on social media. I’m @cookingketowithKristie on Instagram and you can tag me on my Facebook page, Simply Keto.
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 cups bell peppers sliced, any color
- 1 large onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet generously with olive oil.
- Mix the spices and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put the chicken strips, bell peppers, onion, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large bowl and mix to distribute the oil and lime juice thoroughly. Sprinkle in the spice mix and toss to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Spread the chicken and veggies on the greased baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time, until the chicken is cooked through and tender. If you enjoy a little char on your fajitas, you can place the pan under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to a month. The leftovers taste even better!